Personal Note from Sora
June is bustin out all over, and the feelin’ is gettin’ so intense… one of my favorite songs from the Broadway show Carousel and that must really be showing up in my life because at the check out line in The Food Emporium I actually “bought” yes boughtSoLOL a copy of Life and Style Magazine. I just needed some immediate escapeSoLOl from the rest of my day’s to-do list and this was it!!!!
However, I did find some interesting information in the issue which I thought that I’d share with you along with some other research that I did on the topic.
OK. So I found out!!! that the reason! that Jennifer Aniston has a healthy glow is that she credits it to actually adding collagen powder to her morning smoothie. So for all you self-care lovers-you can now get a similar blast of wrinkle-reducing protein with tasty collagen fruit chews from wellness leader www.reserveage.com
Life and Style Magazine said that having this chewy candy is “like eating a Starburst with the benefits of botox.”
Well, ok, if that’s the case I’ve definitely added it to my list of “try” it. Like-you never know!!!!!
So after reading about this, I thought “Hmm Sora, I wonder which natural foodscan also act as anti-aging products “straight from nature” and went and did a google search.”
So this is what I found:
l. Brazil Nuts are one of the best sources of the trace mineral selenium which helps to improve skin elasticity and is also a potent antioxidant which helps reduce the risk of skin cancer and prevents premature ageing.
2. Red Grapes are rich in resveratrol, a super antioxidant with great health-promoting and anti-ageing properties which promotes health and longevity.
3. Kale is one of the best leafy greens to help combat ageing. It’s also packed withantioxidants, and Vitamin A and C.
4. Salmon is full of Omega-3 essential fatty acids which nourish the skin and prevent dryness and premature ageing. Who knew???
and last but certainly by no means least there’s watermelon.
5. Watermelon is rich in antioxidants and also contains high levels of the powerful antioxidant lycopene, which has strong anti-ageing properties as well as being rich in vitamins A and C.
So you may want to consider adding some of the foods as part of your daily foodchoices or you may decide to try those Collagen Replenish chews.
It’s worth a shot. Keeping yourself, your skin and your body as healthy as possible is always a great self-intention.
Self-care is always the way to go…
In Make Peace with Food,
This month’s motivational quote:
Life is a balance of holding on and letting go…
Food for thought:
What are you holding on to in any area of your life-that still might be keeping you weighed down and unable to move on?
What are you holding on to in any area of your life that is working for you!!!
What baby steps can you now take to work on letting go what you’ve identified as holding you back???
Your Monthly Food Puzzle:
Food and Culture
June 13th is Cupcake Lover’s Day!!!!!
So when I saw that June 13th was Cupcake Lover’s Day-how could I resist learning more about it. So I couldn’t!
So now let’s find out some fun facts about the cupcake:
l. The mention of a cupcake recipe goes back to 1796 when Amelia Simms wrote a recipe in “American Cookery” which mentioned “a cake to be baked in small cups.”
2. But it wasn’t until 1928 that the actual “word” cupcake as used by Eliza Leslie in her cookbook “Seventy-Five Recipes for Pastry, Cakes and Sweetmeats.
3. Cupcakes became popular because they saved time in the kitchen and were easier to bake than larger cakes.
4. Original cupcakes were not frosted.
5. Crumbs in New York City is the most popular cupcake bakery in the US.
Well—maybe you’re a donut person or maybe a cupcake person—or maybe both —–but whatever you decide to have—Enjoy!!
Bite Size Fun Food News
Well, again, welcome to June, it’s warm weather, sand n’ surf and the possibility of the a picnic in the park…
When I was a little girl we didn’t go on many picnics with a blanket and a basket but we had many family gatherings at a park on Long Island and my Mom made many wonderful backyard barbecues back in Canarsie, Brooklyn. So when I saw that it was International Picnic Day I wanted to learn more about “picnics” both here and abroad and here is what I found…
l. The most popular day for picnics in the United States is the 4th of July holiday. In Italy, it is Easter Monday, while in France it’s on Bastille Day.
2. In 2000, a 600-mile-long picnic took place from coast to coast in France to celebrate the first Bastille Day of the new millennium.
3. One of the earliest stories about the picnic comes from tales of Robin Hood and his Merry Men who would feast on bread, cheese and ale-all under the “forest” trees.
4. In the Victorian era, picnics were very elegant affairs and they included tables, linens, crystal, chairs, servants as well as gourmet food.
5. The first actual picnic table was designed in the late 1800’s.
So if you’re thinking about the beach this summer and want to let some of that extra weight go check click HERE and find out how to do that without having to diet!!!
In Make Peace with Food,